Email marketing is a powerful marketing channel, a form of direct marketing as well as digital marketing, that uses email to promote your business’s products or services. It can help make your customers aware of your latest items or offers by integrating them into your marketing automation efforts. It can also play a pivotal role in your marketing strategy with lead generation, brand awareness, building relationships, or keeping customers engaged between purchases through different types of marketing emails.
Email has become such a popular marketing tool for businesses partly because it forces the user to take some kind of action; an email will sit in the inbox until it’s read, deleted, or archived. But email is also one of the most cost-effective tools available, too. In fact, a 2015 study by the U.K.-based Direct Marketing Association (DMA) found that for every $1 spent, email has an average return on investment (ROI) of $38.
Email marketing can help you build a relationship with your audience while also driving traffic to your blog, social media, or anywhere else you’d like folks to visit. You can even segment your emails and target users by demographic so you’re only sending people the messages they want to see most. Here are some email marketing campaign tips to get started.
Email marketing also allows you to run A/B tests of a subject line or call to action to identify the best performing message by using email marketing software that can also be configured to easily send out emails. Check out Mailchimp’s email templates to see more of what you can do with email marketing
Why chose email marketing ?
- It is cost-effective – compared to traditional advertising, email marketing has a higher return on investment.
- You are targeting your customers – they’ll be easier to convert to sales than someone completely new to your company.
- You can choose what you send to who – email marketing software enables segmentation of users, which means you can target clients with offers/events that they will be interested in.
- Email marketing software tracks open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates – giving you unique insight into what your clients respond to (and what they don’t)
- Emails can be easily shared – which means a special offer or event can spread like wildfire through your clients and their friends/colleagues/acquaintances.